Saturday, July 25, 2009

Tanks Tanks, and more Tanks!

Well I have a fav tank and that is the Lemanmuss. When I was playing 40k I have a bunch of them for both my Orks, and my IG armies. So when I moved to 15mm this is the tank I wanted to use. The problem was no one made it in 15mm, and that would be a copy right issue. But one day I found a web site that had the plans for most 40k vehicles. I took a look at them and though I could scale it down and make some for 15mm. I printed it out using the % print option and sure enough I was able to make a Lemanmuss in 15mm. Here are some photos of my first one. Now this tank is a bit big and will need to scale it down a bit more, but it was the first.

Here you see the tank with some minis, so you get a feel for the size. And yes this tank is made out of paper, and PVA glue. I did you card stock (thick paper) and I printed it out on my regular printer. And yes the main gun barrel is paper. I rolled the card stock around a drill bit and glued it in place.






Noel

5 comments:

Leutenant Brittan said...

Excellent job on the scratchbuild there!

Wes said...

Thanks, for your comment. The first time you make one it's a bit tough but it gets real easy after that. The trick is the treads, I am still working on that.

Noel

Leutenant Brittan said...

Would it be worth seeing if you could find some 1:72 scale tank tracks and using them as the 40k stuff tended to have outsized tracks anyway so it wouldnt matter if they were slightly out of scale.

neil cooper said...

Great card tank Wes.

Wes said...

Hey Neil,
There is a ton a 28mm card models out there that can be scaled down to 15mm, and they are free.

Noel