Friday, January 28, 2011

My New Die tower!

Well I have all ways wanted to make one, but never really need to till now. Playing with my son (game of SBH) he kept throwing the dice all over the place. So I pulled out a TEMPLATE I got some years back. It called for thick card to be used, but I have opted for foam core. Now it is not finished yet but it is a work in progress. Also note that I used stained glass windows on this tower. I know it is hard to see but they are there. The tray at the bottom I whipped up as there was not one in the template.



Noel

Update.
Here is the stainglass image I use. Just print on overhead sheets, cut and use.

4 comments:

Lobo said...

It's very well made.. I think sooner or later I will have to put together one too!

Luckyjoe said...

Looking good. If you want the stained glass to stand out more, stick a little battery-op tea light on the underside of the top ramp, and it will really light them up.

Joe

MIK said...

Nice work! I'll second the tea light idea, that would be cool. Curious what the age of your opponent is. I've contemplated playing SBH with my seven year old, but haven't as of yet.

Wes said...

Ok Lucky, do ya have to start first thing in the new year.

The Stain glass was and after thought, and I wipped it together during a snow day. So it was all I had on hand. Yes it is a good idea, so na :-P

Gyro, My son is 5 and a 1/2, and my girl is 7. They both like to play the game with math in it. I have been playing minis with them both for a year now, and they love it. I do keep in very simple. All units are the same, but the boss. And I think SBH is great for them. Do not forget Song of fur and buttons. And the ton of free print and cut minis for them. Great for kids, to start mini gaming.

Noel