Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Orcs are back!

It has been a long time with out a post from me, and I have found some time to post. Or the last few months I have been busy with life stuff, and not been giving my Miniatures any real time. It is now fall, and my painting desk has been getting some attention, and I wan to share what I have been working on.
I am making some changes to this blog, I hat blogger. I am going with a very simple look, and sticking to it. Some of the features work some don't, some ware my blog template got screwed up and I can not fix it.  I will try and add the photo from the top back but that is it. The content is what really matters, any way.

First let me say I have been inspired by a post on TMP regarding Orks. Now I do not use that work for IP reasons, I use the generic term Orc. So this guy has been knocking out some fantastic stuff, that follows the GW Ork clans to a T.

That is some thing I was not doing as I want to keep under the IP radar, but as I really don't care any more I am finishing my Orc in the old codex fashion.

So with out further bla bla bla here are my Boys, and their machines.


    Now if you do not like Fantasy miniatures please do not look any further down.

I got this two miniatures for my Birth Day in August and I love them. I had one yeas ago for my Fantasy Orc arem, but sold the hole army (needed money). So now I have two of them, I have them in my Human army. These are from Black Raven Foundry range sold by Old Glory 15s.

Once more all photos taken with my very fancy camera, and expensive light box.

OK I used my Blackberry Torch cell phone, and my folgers   coffee can light box.

Noel.

5 comments:

Porky said...

Those are good-looking greenskins for 15mm, that's for sure. If you converted them yourself from existing 15mm ranges, it's very solid work. I'd love to know which ranges too.

Wes said...

Hello Porky,
I did not convert these, I picked them up yeas ago from Dragon Hoard Miniatures. They sold me to The Scene, who were forced to stop making them. But They did head swaps, and so can you. If you take the heads from these guys http://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/fan100.jpg and place them on the Wast land warriors they will look great. I would try the mold stuff that you heat in water and cast some heads as well.
I hope this helps.
Noel.

Allison M. said...

Fantastic! These worked out really well with a classic "greeny" look! And welcome back to painting, and blogging. It can be hard with all the things that happen in our lives to squeeze this in :)

Wes said...

Thanks AM,
I have taken to getting up at 5AM on Saturday, and Sundays just to get a good two hours of painting in.

But it is worth it in the end.

Noel.

Porky said...

It's a great combo of parts. They look pretty much how I'd imagine official 15mm Citadel would.

The leftover orc bodies could be given greenstuff pumpkin heads or similar, to get an unusual monster, or even the warrior heads if they survive for some historical or fantasy humans.

Thanks for the info.