Sunday, June 9, 2013

Space Orcs in the works.

I read this week that the #1 product on 15mm UK is the Space Vikings, and well I just painted 4 of their Space Orcs. I also just finished a squad of GZG Mercs.

I have painted the 15mm UK Orcs to be Mega Armored Orcs. They are a bit blobby in the mid section, but I have a bunch more of them to get it right. One problem is working with yellow, and distressing them. Well see for you self.

Now here is the GZG mercs mingled in with the Mega units.

Now here are two test photos. After taking the above I tried to fix my camera. Some on in my house dropped it, and the case is all messed up. As it is a Canon power shot I felt it needed to be fixed.

So the dam thing still works.

Comment away please.

Noel








9 comments:

Mr. Harold said...

Very cool and very characterful!

CBChris said...

those look like they are modeled after Bad Moon style orks from 40k. I love it, great work! What do you think of mine?

http://www.cigarboxbattle.com/the-horde-has-descended-upon-us-sir-40k-orks-1-of-2/

I have multiple articles on this army, please feel free to give me your opinion

Wes said...

@ Mr. H, thank you.

@ CB, thank you as well, and I do like your Bad Moon boyz. Yes they are BM boyz I modeled with the old school Mega boyz. I wish I never sold them off.

Dagreenskins said...

I really like the colors you are using. They look great.

Unknown said...

I just know I am not looking at 15MM BAD MOONS am I?
;)
Go Boy!

Warren Abox said...

Just yesterday I ordered up some of those power armor orcs to do the same thing. These pictures are great - they give me a much better idea of what the 15mm UK figures look like. The lower jaws on those figures are so over-sized, I thought it was supposed to be part of the power armor. I may just paint mine up that way regardless.

Dan said...

Very cool, these would be good foes for my Blood Angels and DKoK, the more I see these cool 15mm space Orks the more I want to build an ork army.

Wes said...

Thanks to all of you! I have a love for the Green skins, and want to revive them under a new scale. Yes these are Bad Moons! Why are they so, because the BM are the richest fraction of the Green Skins, and can afford the Mega's. As to the lower jaw, I felt the same, but tried them in white, to see what they look like. I will change up the next ones. As for these 15mm uk guys, what they lack in sharpness they make up for in Orcyness.

Noel

Allison M. said...

You did about the best anyone could do on those 15mm.co.uk figures... They are obviously and recognizably Bad Moons for what it's worth :) I quite like the GZG mercs (both your paint jobs and the sculpts) but they are definitely less GW-esque overall.