Monday, July 15, 2013

Ratz........

Well it has been over a month without a post from me, so here is what I have been doing. About three weeks ago I switched gears (as I often do) and picked up my SBH stuff again. If you do not know SBH is Song Of Blades and Heroes a fast play Skirmish game. I have replaced Mordhiem with SBH. So in making this switch I have moved back to my 28mm miniatures, and started to paint them. I have 4 war bands, and decided to work on my Ratz. Now I had a war band all picked out, and minis for each member, but I did not like my sling throwers, as they were very old GW plastic, I am talking late 80s, early 90s static posed ratz. Remembering I still had a few un-assembled Mordhiem Ratz to build, I decided to replace the old ones with new ones. Last weekend I got started with rebuilding my Ratz Warband. My Old War band had four sling throwers, and I replaced three of them with throwing weapon Ratz, shorter range but a bit higher combat stat.

Now that I had it on paper, I started on completing the minis. I put the missing minis together, and primed them up. Yesterday I set to painting them, and completed 4, plus finished the leader.
Before I finished the bases.
Do not ask how I made this motion gif, as Picasa did it for me with out me even knowing.




So here is 5 of my nine Doom Ratz, the last four are half painted. I have switched to faster painting method, as I have given up on making show stopper paint jobs. I want my minis for play, and they just need to be play ready. So I paint them in a simple block painting with very little highlight, and no shading, or inks. Then I dip them. I am very happy with how they have come out , and with the dip method. I know it is hard to see in the photos, but for the rusted armor look I have mixed sliver with a touch of bronze, but I did not mix it well. By leaving it unmixed it painted on blotchy, and this gave me the rusted armor look, quickly.

I hope you like them.
Noel.







No comments: