This was mostly bits of boys, but there was one chassis in the mix. It only had the base, and the cockpit assembled, nothing else. I went to my bits box and found a push bar, front plate (grill), and the plate for behind the driver, and gunner. So I have the starts of a new vehicle. All I need now was some tires, and a bed for the vehicle.
So I took out my Instant mold, and two tires from one of my other vehicles and got to work. Heating up some water in the microwave and dropping in the Instant Mold to make it soft, I then placed it over the tires to make the molds. After this I filled the molds with water putty, to see what the final cast would look like, and was happy. Next I filled the molds with JB Weld Plastic putty, I got from Home Depot cheap.
Here are the photos.
In this photo you see the original tire on the right, the mold in the middle, the water putty test tire in the front, and the finished tire in the left mounted.
This photo shows the original next to the finished tire.
The front tires were a bit off but I am ok with that, as it make the trukk look like it has seen some action.
This photo is the chassis ready from more parts.
Disclaimer: The tires are not produced for resale, only to complete a kit, with parts that are out of production OOP. I in no way condone the copping of bits for resale, or if the are readily available for purchase. If the owning IP would like the photos removed please contact me via the comments, and I will do so at once.