Monday, July 28, 2014

Weekend report.

Well this weekend I did some work in my hobby room. First I made another big batch of flock. Once more this is using old tea leaves, and mixing in some paint. I know I said I would post a video, but My camera sucks for video, and I do not have a way to hold the camera while I make the flock. But it is simple. Think of this as more of staining the tea than panting it. I put about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch of water in a cup, and squirt paint in. I put in as much as to color the stick I stir it up with. If I pull the stick out and the paint runs off I add more. Once I have my paint and water mixed up I sift in the tea while I mix it up. I stop adding when it lumps up. Keep mixing till it is all covered. Then I put it on a paper plate and chop it up with the mixing stick. I now put it in the microwave for 10sec then mix it up on the plate (repeat about 8 time) to start the drying process. Next I great it by pushing it through a small scrap of window screen over a cup. I will do this twice if the lumps are big. That is it. When I make this I really do this three times each one is a diferent

 Here I tried some pencil shavings, this should make some cool razor grass, or some thing.
 Then I finished off the second half of this squad (the gray uniform on the left), and used the new flock on all 8 of them, and added a bit of static grass.

 I then started on the last squad of them.

Post a Comment