Sunday, January 13, 2013

Back to painting

I have not painted in a while, and hit my bench yesterday. I have some GW plastic beastmen I have for SBH warband, and wanted to see how I do with 28mm stuff. I have not done a 28mm guy completely in a very long time, and I thought what the heck let me just see what happens. My first thought was just  paint the figure to be playable, and that will be good for me.

So I painted up a guy and I feel he is very good, and a great restart to me painting 28s again. Some of my challenges are I do use paint for miniatures, and my brushes are all for my 15mm guys. So I started out with a guy, took a photo with my trusty new Blackberry Bold (90% of all my miniature photos were taken with a Blackberry phone) and it sucked!!!!!! I spent a half hour trying to figure out my camera on the phone with no luck. So skip the progress photos. I got a good start, then off to my Son's first confession at church. Few hours later I was back at the bench, and I broke out my old canon camera, and her is the first shot.
Then I kept at the painting till it wad finished.
'

My next challenge was I just upgraded my laptop, and did not have all the software loaded on it. I have a Dell Lat D630 running PinGuy OS 12.10 beta (Linux). So I installed an old version of Picasa, and got the photos edited and uploaded.

Now I am off to son's first wrestling  match.

Noel




5 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nicely done, glad to see your back at it.

Wes said...

I tied once more to paint today, but it did not go far. My dautgher decided she would like to learn to paint for real. So I have two more with base color Laird down.

Thanks for the comment.
NOEL

Wes said...

I tied once more to paint today, but it did not go far. My dautgher decided she would like to learn to paint for real. So I have two more with base color Laird down.

Thanks for the comment.
NOEL

MIK said...

I still haven't dusted off the painting desk but good to see your efforts here. Love this model, and the paint looks great...perfect for SBH. Here's to more of your 28s!

Wes said...

TY MIK.