Saturday, January 26, 2013

Solo AAR.

Well the boy and I made it to 5 Guys, and all I can say is YUM! The we spent an hour and a half playing Skylander Giants. The boy went off to bed, and the game started. It has been a long time for me with out pushing lead, so I was very slow at getting the game going. All of the markers were not cut out so I had to do that as I needed them. I also had to review a few rules that did not make sense to me.

Note Spelling and gramor suck as I only had 4 hours of sleep and do not CARE...

The armies
The Corp army click for unit cards.
3 inf squdes, 1 power armor squad, 2 APC, 1 AFV, 1 Walker.
Objective get 50% of the army into the Orc deployment zone.
The Orc army click for unit cards.
Boss (hero) with 2 megarmored, 3 squads of boys, 5 bikes, 3 dreads.
Objective kill all the humes (do not let them in their DZ)

Ok I was not able to get great photos but here is what I did get.

Deployment
You can see I did not have much terrain in the photos above. The Orcs setup a wall to block their DZ. The Corp were set up to punch through the Orcs.
Turn One
The Orcs won In roll, and moved the Boss EL 4 to the rocks in the middle. Next EL 4 was the hole Corps army, and they all moved forward. The AFV went to the center, with the APC going to the flank, and the P-inf and walker taking the other flank. EL 3- Bikes and dreads move up. EL 2- right side boys move up, and the center boys hunker down.

Turn 2
The Orc win In roll, and the Boss hunkers down. EL 4-Corps, The right side moves up, and the center and left hold for fire. The Veh groups fail to do any damage, but the right side ends up with one Dread Struck, and one Winged. The Orcs move up, and put a hurt on the Corps walker by taking it out. The boys on the right also Strike the far right APC.

Turn 3
In this turn the bullets really start flying. In roll goes to the Corps this time. I also did not take many photos form this point on. Corps P-inf continues to punch the Dreads taking two out. AFV puts a Struck marker on a bike. The Right Inf squad move to the middle to work on the bikes, the the APC push to get shots, deploy their troops, and ending with a Winged, a Stuck, and a kill on the boys. The Orcs Move forward. The Bikes put a P-Inf out, but with auto repair he is back to Struck. The right flank puts a hurt on the other APC. At this point in the game the Orc have taken more damage, so I am not thinking they will make it to victory.


Turn 4
Here is when the Boss takes action, and jumps the first APC, and kills it. The Corps center Inf throw the grenades at the bike taking out 2, and hurting another. The P-Inf turn and also punch the bike finishing them off. From thins point one it was a blow for blow.

Turn 5
This turn really saw the hand to hand. The Corps P-Inf took on the boy, and killed them all. The P-Inf all used their auto repair, but ended up at only two left. The Boss and his to MAs moved over to the Corps Inf, and took them all out, with only one loss.

Trun 6
I ended the game on this turn, and I have to say it was a Orc win........... I felt during the early part of the game I thought the Orcs were not going to do well, but the gave as good as they got, but their HTH with the CC on all the units really helped. So the Orc really one this one by not allowing the Corps in their DZ. Now if I kept playing the Crops would have killed all the Orcs, but not have 50% to win the game.

Over all I had fun, I love the rules, but got confused by the heavy weapons for Inf (what good is it??). I also made a big mistake on the APC and made them light Veh, and they were taken out way to easily. All tanks should be heavy......

So the next round of this game, the Orcs will get reinforcements. 

Also I would like to play this with the Gruntz Rules, but I have to finish reading them, and creat the units.

USE ME questions I have?
1) What is a Inf Heavy weapon good for???? Only thing I can thing is range. Should have a 1" template VS inf.
1) Does a vehicle get a HTH attack.
3) Disembarking from a vehicle?

13 comments:

Omer Golan-Joel said...

I usually give Infantry Heavy Weapons a 1'' template. Of course, some - such as flamers and machineguns - probably should get a cone template.

Also, you can give some of these Infantry Heavy Weapons the Anti-Tank Special Action from USE ME MODERN, which gives them a bonus vs. vehicles. This represents RPGs, Tankbustas and so on.

Omer Golan-Joel said...

I'd give vehicles a "ram" attack if moving into/over infantry. The Penetration should depend on vehicle size and speed. Maybe I should whip up a table for this. A stationary vehicle should get a HTH attack if it has anti-infantry weapons (Vehicle Automatic Weapon or Flamethrower).

I'd allow infantry to disembark from a vehicle (as one action) if the vehicle is stationary when the infantry unit activates. They should be able to assault enemies or occupy objectives on the same activation when they disembark.

Wes said...

I was hoping for your input here.

1) HW how should the template be placed, and how much of the template need to touch the unit to consider it as being hit by the template? Then I think the template should be placed before the shot.

2) Anti tank, well I did have this option and would have used it but it does not work on LV. The only HV was the AFV and I only ever got one shot at it. So yes this is a good option, and on I plan on using all ways.

3) I was in HTH with one of the APC and my Orc Boss team. When the Orcs made their attack the APC is to be given a free attack as per the rules, so I did thinking the driver was shooting out of a gun port. Now as for ram I like the idea, but it should be like this. Ram= if a vehicle has twice the move rate of the target it may make a ram attack.

4) In this game I did disembark the inf in that they can move 1/2 their movement from the exit point of the veh. In the photos you will see them close to the rear of the APC. But they can fire. So one action to Dis mount, and still have the second action for shooting.

I hope to pick you brains more.... ThanksHi Omer.

Gavin Syme (GBS) said...

Great little AAR Wes.

Omer has assisted you with the questions but also remember to go to Barking Irons Online or drop a mail direct for the 'optional official mechanics' for USEME, a new set came out this week. There is a lot in them to add to the game.

GBS

Omer Golan-Joel said...

1) For RPGs, fusion guns and their likes, the template should be placed - anywhere within range - before the shot, then an individual attack rolled against any target which base is touched and/or covered by the template. Plasmaguns and Meltaguns should have no blast radius BUT have the AT Special Action. Flamethrowers and machineguns/bolters should have a cone template and then roll an attack against each target who's base is touched by the template.

2) Hmmm... Maybe I should give AT a bonus against LVs as well...

3) Any vehicle with an Automatic Weapon should be able to defend in melee IN ADDITION to the free attack against a charging enemy. And I like your ramming rule.

4) I'd say that disembarking takes one action - you can use the other action as you like, be that shoot, move at full speed (and not shoot), move into melee and roll a melee attack etc.

Now, five more pages on that #@%$# translation contract and I should be FREE to work on USE ME WWI!

Unknown said...

Nice AAR, I've never played with the USE ME rules, but I think an AT Weapon Should get a bonus verses Light Vehicles, Walker & Dreadnaughts as well Heavy Vehicles.

Wes said...

I do see the AT weapon not having a full impact on the light veh. Ex I fire and AT weapon at say a truck, as the metal is very thin the weapon will punch through and not explode. I am using real world weapons as an example. So I am ok with this weapon, also 10 Orc firing at -1 (EL2) were still able to knock out my LV APC in one turn. So for fair play LV are easy to knock out, with out a using an AT weapon.

I am only basing this on this one game.

Omer Golan-Joel said...

Another thing I am toying with is preventing infantry weapons (other than Heavy Weapons and Grenades) without the AT Special Rule from damaging any Armoured vehicle.

Dagreenskins said...

With only four hours of sleep your report was written fine, lots of pictures helped. I am going to have to get my hands on a set of these rules. I have been looking for a good set of rules for 15mm. Thanks for taking the time to share your game with us.

Wes said...

Thanks Mr Green.
Thanks, I had fun with the write up as well.
You can get the PDF version UM001, but I would suggest UM007 as well. Whit these rules you can uses rules for each of the books, and UM007 has a lot of extra rules.

Wes said...

Omer,
I went through UM007, and see all the add on rules, and will be making use of them going forward.

ROOSTERGAMER32 said...

yeah good report there mate! and some nice points brought up too. I've made a whole new table for my games I have to get around to making a blog and putting my BATREPS on there.

Wes said...

+roostergamer32,
Thanks I had fun doing this AAR, and would love to read yours when they are up. I do need to work on my terrain, and have a new table in the works.
Once more thanks.
Noel