Sunday, February 10, 2013

Weekends Work.

This weekend started with a Snow storm, that left use with 10" of wet heavy snow. So what better time to hit the paint desk. I first worked on my Squats, then quickly move to the forward outpost building. I am also trying to get used to using a real camera, and some of the shots are just blah.

All miniatures are by.

  • Khurasan: Mid Tech troops.
  • 15mm UK: Space Pirates (Squats)
  • Orc: MJ miniatures
  • Praetorian Guard: Old Glory 15s
  • GZG: Trikes, and heads. 


First up here is the outpost. I am very happy with this, but I need to touch up the dry brushing  as it is a bit heavy in places. The Squats are blurry, sorry better photos of them  later in the post.





Next up are the GZG trikes. I painted these up last week, but finished the bases this weekend.


Here are my first two head swaps. I used GZG heads and they a tad big, but I think they worked great. Also a crewed weapon.


As dawn breaks over the outpost, with Khurasan troops.

The outpost maned by Praetorian Guard, on the look out for the green skins. 



Here the squats have found the green skins or the green skins found them. Better shot of the Squats.







4 comments:

Allison M. said...

These are nice 15mm proxies for GW universe figures. Good idea for the Praetorians, though I guess the GW originals _were_ pretty similar to their historical cousins, just with lasguns instead of Henry Martini rifles...

Wes said...

Yes back in the day I had a huge Ork army, and all the OOP Praetorian guard. I was trying for a Orks Drift game. With money running short starting a new family I was forced to sell them off. Now as I love 15MM I can rebuild both armies at a reduced rate. Oh and they are Henry MkIV las-rifles.
Thanks for the comment.

Mr. Harold said...

That's a really great outpost, and I love the two story look, enough so that i'll be copying it! :)

Wes said...

Hi Mr. H,
First thanks for you comments. Next I hope you do copy it. I just have to pick up a few more of the boxes from the hardware store this week, and make some more. This one is a bit off as the deck slid down on the left side so it leans to the left. But as a first run I really like what came out.