Saturday, October 29, 2011

New Cards For USE ME Rules.

Here are my latest round of cards for USE ME rule set. To make these cards I used MSE, and the template for Doomtrooper, then the warzone card. I edited the warzone card image a bit in MS paint. I added the Stat names to the circles at the bottom of the card. The card images are found in the MSE program folder under data, and can be tweaked a bit. 

EDIT How to now at bottom of this post.




















I hope you like them.

Edit here is how I did it.

First head over to MSE (Magic Set Editor) and download their latest version. Install it and then get a card template. I used the Dootrooper template. If the link dose not work from the MSE web site go to downloads, additional templates and on the bottom of that page is a link to it. Unzip the file and open it up to install it to MSE. Now down load this card image if you want it to look like mine.

Now put this file in the C:\Program Files\Magic Set Editor 2\data\doomtrooper-doomkit.mse-style folder. Replace the current one with mine. 
Now open MSE up and select new set. Here is my set file download it and open to see my files.
Also to help with this I have installed these tools.
Foxitreader a PDF reder.
Cutewriter a PDF writer. I also grabbed the ghostscript tool from the same web site. 
I use these tools to print my cards to PDF for storage, and printing at work as I don not have a color printer at home.
Please keep in mind I do not use Windows as my OS I use Linux, with WINE to run windows apps so you may not need the reader and writer, or ghost script tool.
When you first open the MSE with the Doomtrooper card set you will have to click on the edg of the card and select "Warzone" to get the correct template. 

Now How did I edit the template. I found the jpg file from the path above, then opened it with a image editor, I used the reference to MSPAINT, and you can use that with ease, but I use kolourpaint a KDE tool for yes Linux. Kpaint allows me to work with transparent background easily. Ok now with your template open just click around the card to see what it is editable and have fun.

So this is the basics of how I made these cards. I know it sounds hard but really its not if you just use the template I have created.  

email me @ noelvh @T G mail DOT com if you have any questions.

Noel

PS sorry for the fake posts from this title, blogger is not that fun to use any more. It is a PIA really. I hope they stop making it look modern and just fix it.

4 comments:

Omer Golan-Joel said...

WOW! I LOVE these! How did you make them?

Luckyjoe said...

Those look great. I bet the will come in very handy for gameplay, too.

Wes said...

@ Omer, I have edited my post to include a how to of sorts. Reread the bottom of the post.

@Joe, Yes I have stolen the idea from Gruntz. Really I saw this when I first picked up SBH some did it for their war band, and use another tool.
Great for blind deployment.

blackstone said...

Really nice cards those!