Thursday, July 5, 2012

Workbench 7-4-12

Yesterday was the 4th of July, and for many that means a day at the beach, or a cook out, and many other things. For me the same is true, but it is one more morning I get to work on my minis. I was up at the crack of dawn, and at my painting desk. I finished painting another unit and mounted them to the base. Now that I have new base material I decided to base all the stuff I will not paint in my jigs.

The photo below shows off the bulk of the Dwarven forces I hold. Units I have based yesterday are as follows.

    • Three bases of saber toothed mounted cav (BRF). The riders are in the clips to make it easy to paint.
    • Two bases of bear mounted cav (Mirilton)
    • Two Bolista (BFR)
    • One canon (Mirilton).


Next are the units in my jigs, and some valkyries.
On the jigs I have.

  • One unit of xbows,
  • One cleric.
  • One unit of vets, left over minis I have no clue what to do with. (back jig)
In front of the jig are the winged horses of the valkyries, and I am using them as dwarf maidens. I the way back are two more cannon units of unknown maker. I am not sure if I need that much fire power.


Trying to put the wings on the horses sucked, and I am sure I will grow to hat them, as I see nothing but repairs in their future. My daughter loves them as she loves all thing horse. My plan it to layer Super glue over the joints to beef them up. I was thinking of pinning them but only if this fails. I will need to buy a new drill bit to work on the wings, as they are very thin.

So what is next? I am waiting for the static grass to come in and I will grass every thing I own. I am hope full to see it over the next few days, but if not I have priming, and painting to be done.

The rest of the day was spent at a neighbor's house doing the hamburgers, and dogs. Then watched Journey 2 mystery island. All in all a very good day.

I hope you enjoyed you day.

Noel

 

No comments: