Friday, July 22, 2011

Behemasaur, and My New Light Box!

With the Behemasaur, being so big and not getting good photos I needed a new light box. I sent exactly 1/2 of an hour last night and built one. From the images below you can see a big difference in the photo quality. I do still have to flock the ground, but the light box it self is complete. So what did I use? I had a bucket the same size as a 5gal as far as its diameter, but not as tall. I think it is a 3.5gal bucket. I then use white foam for the bottom, and back on the inside. I spray glued them down. I then put tin foil on the inside by the opening, as a reflector, the back drop is a photo from google image search printed on legal paper. And that is it. Once the ground is flocked it will look really good. Now I put the photos before the project cause they look great.

Ps these photos are only taken with my Balckberry Storm II 3.2 mp. Not to bad.






























































































Noel

4 comments:

Don M said...

That is truly sick Noel, congratulations you've out done yourself! All kidding aside
great way to press the 28mm stuff into 15mm games.

Kaiser said...

The difference between the prior photos and these is pretty stark; the Behemasaur looks quite nice. Looking at it though, I think it actually needs more dakka. Pop some more turrets on the back of the platform.

Allison M. said...

Interesting light box, I think it may be the first of its kind! The white bucket might have been enough of a reflector without the foil, but that's probably better. Don't want any weird shadows :)

Your backdrop is a neat idea too. I just use a white-blue gradient like a lot of painters do, but I've tried similar things in the past (as well as Photoshopping in backgrounds, which is usually too much work).

Wes said...

I got the idea a year ago, and it lead me to my first. It is made from a large coffee can. How I got the idea was a guy made a miniature oven to cure the paint on his minis faster. The guy did not realise how great photos was of the mini. I have been taking photos of minis for years and have all was used a reflector. I tried with out and it needed it. Aslo I need a higher watt bulb like a 150, or a day light 100w bulb. All in all it is cheap and easy to do. The back drop is a simple google photo search and print them out.
Thanks

Noel