Monday, July 11, 2011

kit bashed mobile artillery WIP.

Over the weekend I was down in the painting room and found another Gear Karig mini I was not going to use. I opened the clam shell to see 2 large cal cannons, and these small tread units. I put 2 and 2 together and ended up with this.

In this photo I was forced to use a dying guy (the pith helmet guy) as I did not have any others I could use. I cut out his rifle, and repositioned his stance. The second guy is perfect as he is carrying the ammo crate. I was trying to put some kind of shield on the front, and what ever I did just did not look good so I keep it off. Click on the image for a larger image.














Noel

4 comments:

Kaiser said...

It turned out quite nice...

Wes said...

Thanks, I was very happy when the spilled out on my painting desk. From the spill I read the bones, and they read just what you see.

noel

Allison M. said...

On the one hand... cool little cannons! Very retro-futuristic looking, as the IG should be. Your whole army is impressive, by the way.

/on the other hand... cutting up Gear Krieg minis for parts? Ouch!

Wes said...

@ Allison M,
Thanks I am having fun with the army. As to the Gear stuff I picked it up from ebay cheap. Also the vehicle was a walker in is folded vehicle form not the walker form. In other words they do not look so hot like that to me.

Thanks
Noel