Sunday, July 31, 2011

Unit Cards! Some for USE ME.

Gruntz is now released, and one of the things I like about this rules set is its use of unit cards. As I plan on playing different rules I want to have unit cards for those rule as well. So I gave Magic set Editor a try. This is a free tool to make CCG cards. By default all I needed was to download the full install version.

You will have to play with the template file till you find a card style you like, and will hold the information you want.    
Here is a simple look at the interface, showing one of my cards for USE ME.

Now here are six of the units cards I have created for my USE ME army. Mind you I need to change the color from red to some thing else.



There are a number of things you can do with unit cards like this. There and be used for blind activation, hidden deployment, quick reference just to name a few items.

Noel  


   



5 comments:

Don M said...

Noel, another splendid idea! I might give it a try for my modified Stargrunt rules.

I've not tried Use Me as of yet because I generally play company sized battles.

Wes said...

Hi Don,
I have SG rules and did not care for it being story based. I have very little time and a point system allowed me to have one off battles quicker. I know this is an argument I could easily lose but it is how I have been brain washed. Any way USE ME is $5.00 and covers Squad, Platoon, Company, and larger all in one very little book.

Noel

Don M said...

I didn't know they covered higher than squad, I too don't mind a point system persay having started out playing WRG many years ago.

Fjodin said...

Thanx for great finding! I'll download it right now!

Wes said...

I love to share what I find, just post back with a status, and maybe some card.
Noel